Friday, July 3, 2009

{Happy 4th of July!} Praline Brittle Recipe

I know, I'm a day early, but this recipe is so fast, easy, all-American and yummy that you just might decide to make up a batch to take along with you to family get-togethers tomorrow! I've made it a few times and I always get asked for the recipe. I can't take the credit though; my aunt Vicky originally passed it along to me. :)

Praline Brittle

Ingredients:
1 box graham crackers, any variety (you won't need them all)
2 sticks butter
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup coarsely chopped pecans (some prefer finely chopped, but I like the bigger pieces!)

  1. Preheat oven to 350
  2. Line a cookie sheet with aluminum foil
  3. Cover bottom of cookie sheet with a single flat layer of graham crackers
  4. Dissolve brown sugar into butter over medium heat
  5. Bring to a boil, and boil for 2 minutes, stirring constantly
  6. Remove from heat and stir in pecans
  7. Pour mixture over graham crackers, using a spatula to extend all the way to the edges
  8. Bake for 6-8 minutes until bubbly
  9. Let cool, then break into pieces either along the perforations or into random chunks (my favorite!)
Enjoy, and have a safe and happy 4th!!!